We’ve been kind of struggling here at work with PDF creation. I switched us to a PDF framework called EzPDF that seems to work fine, except for one simple thing. Special characters do not show up correctly.
After hours of searching the very little amount of content on the topic, I found a small comment that helped me out:
“Add the following line to functions ezProcessText() in class.ezpdf.php and addText() in class.pdf.php”
In the first row of the function, just add:
$text = mb_convert_encoding($text, “ISO-8859-1″, “UTF-8″);
That solved the issues with the registered and copyright characters. However, the Trademark symbol was still messed up… Apparently you have to “swap” out one of the 255 characters available with the Trademark…. SOooo.. I decided to swap the upside down question mark ( ¡ ) out for trademarks… For any text blocks that may have a trade mark symbol.. .i need to run some replace code:
Also, the first time you select your font in EzPDF… it needs to look something like this: